Privacy and cookies policy
Your privacy is important to us. Tata Sons Private Limited (“Tata Sons” or “we”) takes the privacy of your information seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you, through our interactions with you on this website, and how we use that data.
This privacy statement applies to the main website www.europe.tata.com, as well as in the sites.europe.tata.com sub-domain and europe.tata.com/sites sub-folders (sometimes called “microsites”). Please note that these websites may include links to websites of third parties whose privacy practices differ from those of Tata Sons. If you provide personal data to any of those websites, then your data is governed by their privacy statements.
|Data||includes information that you submit to Tata Sons via the Website, and information which is accessed by Tata Sons pursuant to your visit to the Website.|
|Cookies||a small file placed on your computer by this Website when you either visit, or use certain features of, the Website. A cookie generally allows the website to “remember” your actions or preference for a certain period of time.|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including the GDPR and the Information Technology Act, 2000, as amended or substituted;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Tata Sons or us||Tata Sons Private Limited, a company incorporated in India whose registered office is at Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street, Mumbai, India, 400001;|
|User or you||the natural person who accesses the Website|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.europe.tata.com, and any sub-domains of this site, unless excluded by their own terms.|
Tata Sons collects data to operate this website. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you submit an entry through the general query and media query forms.
You can visit www.europe.tata.com without telling us who you are. You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove the personal information in the Website or microsite account. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. However, if you do not provide the personal data which is mandatory to reply to your query, then we will not be able to respond to your query.
3. We may collect information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified, including:
- Contact information: We collect first and last name, email address, postal address, country, employer, phone number and other similar contact data; and
- Job designation.
4. How we Collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically pursuant to your visit to the Website.
5. Data shared by You
Tata Sons may collect your Data in several ways from your use of this Website. For instance:
- when you contact us through the Website using the “General Query” or “Media Query” forms;
- when you complete surveys conducted by or for us;
- from the information gathered by your visit to our webpages;
- information provided by you (such as Founder’s day quiz).
6. Data that is Collected Automatically
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address and the way you use and interact with its content.
- Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP address, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. Tata Sons uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security, as well enhance performance of the Website.
- We may collect your Data automatically via Cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about Cookies, please see the section below, titled “Cookies”.
7. Our Use of Data
Any or all the above Data may be required by us from time to time to provide information relating to Tata Sons and to work on the experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products or services, as well as of our group entities;
- transmission by email or any other form of communication of marketing materials to you;
- contact for survey or feedback which may be done using email or mail;
- to enable our group entities to reach out to you in relation to their programmes managed by them / products or services offered by them;
- to process your requests (such as replying to your queries); and
- to execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications for which consent is taken appropriately.
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
We may use your Data to show you adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
We use data to protect the security and safety of our Website.
8. Who we share Data with
We may share your personal Data with:
- Tata Sons-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries and other entities within the Tata group of companies, to assist them to reach out to you in relation to their programs or campaigns (including marketing and sales) and to process your query / requests (such as job application);
- our employees, vendors, agents and professional advisors working on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy statement; and
- service-providers who assist in protecting and securing our systems and provide services to us which require the processing of personal data, such as to host your information or to process your information for data profiling and user analysis.
We usually do not share other personal Data collected from the Website with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process; or
- We need to operate and maintain the security of this website, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
9. Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data and we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via the General query form.
10. Retention of Personal Data
Tata Sons retains personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the website, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for audit, legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
11. Your Rights
When we process Data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the website you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of Tata Sons as described in this privacy statement.
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. Tata Sons adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request
- copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
- that we modify, update or delete such information.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please submit a request to us using our General Query form at http://www.europe.tata.com/contact/generalquery.aspx.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
12. Security of Personal Data
Tata Sons is committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
13. Where We Store and Process Personal Data
In general, personal Data collected and processed under this statement is hosted on servers located in India or the U.S. Tata Sons is part of a corporate group with affiliates and subsidiaries based in the European Economic Area (EEA), the U.S. and Asia. We take steps to ensure that the Data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
14. Links to other websites
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as-intended.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|acopendivids, acgroupswithpersist||This cookie is necessary to display content in expand / collapse format on pages.|
|_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||Google Analytics is used on the Websites to track visitor traffic and site performance. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
16. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
17. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
19. Tata Sons reserves the right to change this privacy statement as it may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy statement on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact Tata Sons through the General query form.