October 03, 2017
Jaguar and Olympic skier hit 117 mph to smash towing world record
- Jaguar and Olympic Skier Graham Bell set new Guinness World Records title for the fastest towed speed on skis.
- Graham Bell was towed by a Jaguar XF Sportbrake, reaching a thrilling average top speed of 117mph to beat the target set by Guinness World Records by more than 47mph.
- New Jaguar XF Sportbrake fitted with All Surface Progress Control (ASPC) is the perfect tow vehicle, with outstanding performance and stability.
- The record was set at a super cool -28°C at Jaguar Land Rover’s Revi Test Centre in the Arctic Circle.
- Watch the film here: https://youtu.be/dXVPW1pV-WM
Whitley, UK: Former British Olympic Skier Graham Bell has set a new Guinness World Records title for the fastest towed speed on skis, pulled by the new Jaguar XF Sportbrake.
After only a couple of practice attempts it was clear that Mr Bell and the XF Sportbrake were more than up to the challenge and he went on to smash the target set by Guinness World Records by over 47mph, achieving an average top speed of 117mph at Jaguar Land Rover (JLR)’s Arctic Revi Test Centre in Arjeplog, Sweden.
With temperatures of -28°C, it was set to be a real challenge for both Mr Bell’s physical limits and the premium estate’s performance. The existing record stood at a fraction under 70mph, but with the XF Sportbrake’s all-wheel drive technology, Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR) and All Surface Progress Control, it comfortably hit the high speeds the Olympic skier required to set the record.
Jeremy Hicks, MD, JLR UK, said, “The XF Sportbrake's superb traction, handling and high speed stability made it the perfect choice for this speed record attempt. We’re extremely proud to have supported Graham in this incredible world-beating achievement; it’s this kind of trail-blazing activity that really tests our cars to their limits.”
“The XF Sportbrake builds on the success of the saloon and has all of the advanced all-wheel drive (AWD) technologies and aluminium-intensive architecture that have made the XF a multi-award winner,” Mr Hicks added.
Adding to its list of achievements and awards, the Jaguar XF was also recently the highest ranked ‘Large and Luxury Car’ in the JD Power Survey. Focusing on reliability and customer experience, the Jaguar XF’s position was secured by feedback from genuine customers who have owned their cars for 12-36 months.
The Jaguar XF Sportbrake is available to order now from UK retailers, with prices starting from £34,910.
Configure your own Jaguar XF Sportbrake now at www.jaguar.co.uk.