April 30, 2017
Icon, the definitive official Jaguar Land Rover book on the Series and Defender models, to hit shelves soon
- Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) produces the only approved Defender book
- Painstakingly researched Icon celebrates the Series and Defender models
- Announcement comes 69 years to the day since the world debut of the original JLR at the Amsterdam Motor Show on April 30, 1948
- High-quality hardback volume features previously unseen images, exclusive interviews and freshly commissioned artwork to chart the definitive official history of the iconic 4x4
- Foreword by world-famous JLR customer and The Grand Tour presenter Richard Hammond
- Customers can register interest in the book here: https://shop.landrover.com/uk/icon-official-land-rover-book-51legf281naa
- The definitive story of the Series and Defender models will be available in hardback in July, priced at £50 (RRP)
Whitley, UK: On this day 69 years ago a legend was born, as the first JLR was revealed to the world at the Amsterdam Motor Show. Over the next seven decades the rugged 4x4 visited all corners of the world as it wrote its name into automotive folklore.
As JLR begins the countdown towards its 70th anniversary celebrations on April 30, 2018, the perfect gift for Defender lovers across the globe has been announced. Icon is the definitive official book celebrating the Series and Defender models. It hits the shelves in July.
The carefully curated and beautifully produced hardback charts the legendary expeditions, humanitarian projects and adventures undertaken by these incredible machines and the people who brought them to life.
The collector’s item will be available online and at selected showrooms and Experience Centres.
It features carefully chosen archive images, vivid first-hand accounts and exclusive interviews with the people behind the most recognisable 4x4 on the planet, including production line employees, significant customers and company executives. The team responsible for the next generation Defender – Gerry McGovern, chief design officer, Nick Rogers, executive director, product engineering – also share their thoughts on what makes a Defender so special.
The Series and Defender models have been a popular choice for politicians, celebrities and even royalty over the last 69 years, so well-known contributors also share their experiences. The foreword is provided by world famous JLR customer and The Grand Tour presenter Richard Hammond, while adventurer and broadcaster Bear Grylls, fashion legend Ralph Lauren and rugby world cup winner and former South Africa captain John Smit are just a few of the other famous names to grace the pages.
Icon stretches over 10 chapters and more than 200 pages, and captures the essence of the Series and Defender models through the vehicles themselves and the people who have loved, driven and relied upon them over the last 69 years.
Copies will be available online at the official Land Rover shop and customers can register to be among the first to take the delivery of Icon.