July 24, 2017
Gone in 44 seconds: new Jaguar XJR575 hosts 186mph interview
- Jaguar XJR575 has more power than any previous XJ, with a top speed of 186 mph
- Performance saloon accelerates from 0-62mph (100km/h) in just 4.4 seconds – and from 0-186mph in 44 seconds
- 5.0-litre, V8 supercharged engine produces 700Nm of torque
- New addition continues Jaguar’s heritage of luxurious refinement and interior comfort with upgraded performance and unique design touches
- Electronic Active Differential enables fine control of power delivery and maximises traction
- Two new paint options from Special Vehicle Operations division ensure XJR575 is more individual than ever
- Enhancements to Touch Pro Infotainment system include larger 10-inch touchscreen and 4G Wi-Fi
- Intelligent safety measures include Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist and Driver Condition Monitoring
- Wayne Burgess, Production Studio Director and SVO Projects at Jaguar, quizzed by TV presenter and racer Amanda Stretton in the back of the XJR575
- Jaguar XJR575 is available to order now at Jaguar UK retailers, priced from £93,710 OTR
- Click here to watch the video
Whitley: Jaguar has launched the new XJR575 with a high-speed interview starring designer Wayne Burgess being questioned by TV presenter and race driver Amanda Stretton as the performance saloon accelerates from 0-186mph.
Lasting just 44 seconds – the time it takes Jaguar’s fastest-ever XJ saloon to reach its top speed – Mr Burgess gave a quick-fire insight into the development of the potent new model.
The high-velocity interview was almost over before it began, but the unrelenting acceleration of the new XJ flagship did not stop Mr Burgess, production studio director and SVO projects director at Jaguar from providing a unique take on the performance saloon. Watch the video here.
“I have done plenty of short interviews in my time, but nothing quite like this! It might have been a bit of fun but doesn’t it just demonstrate perfectly the extreme performance of the new XJR575. I could barely finish answering those quick-fire questions before we hit 186mph and then it was all over! Can we go again?, asked Mr Burgess, production studio director and SVO projects, Jaguar
The XJR575 is the new performance flagship for the XJ range, with power up from 550PS to 575PS, delivering 0-62mph (100 km/h) in just 4.4 seconds. Jaguar Land Rover’s 5.0-litre, V8 supercharged engine also provides 700Nm of torque, providing the new addition to the range with effortless acceleration and refinement.
Customers will be able to choose between two bespoke exterior colour finishes – Velocity Blue and Satin Corris Grey – created by Special Vehicle Operations while additional tailor-made exterior details include a rear spoiler, side sills, front bumper and lower air intakes featuring gloss black surrounds.
Updated exterior badging and twin bonnet louvres mark the vehicle out from the rest of the range, as do the red brake callipers that accompany the 20-inch Farallon gloss-black wheels. Bespoke embossed tread plates alongside intaglio and diamond-quilted seating add a final flourish to the XJR575’s interior.
“This is a performance vehicle, but that doesn’t mean we have had to cut any corners when it comes to comfort or design. Jaguar is the standard bearer for interior refinement and the XJR575 is no different. It can go very quickly, but it does so with the serene comfort customers expect from a Jaguar saloon. That makes this a very special car indeed,” said Ian Callum, director of design, Jaguar.
The XJR575 is manufactured at Jaguar Land Rover's Castle Bromwich plant alongside the XE, XF, F-Type and XJ model lines.
The new Jaguar XJR575 model is available to order now from Jaguar UK retailers, priced from £93,710 OTR.